Smidgey decided to combine her knowledge of an Italian mathematician with her dogged sense of humor to make a really CHEESY pun:
©2022, Bridget Magee. All Rights Reserved.
Speaking of Fibonacci...
It's time to share the submission guidelines for Two Truths and a FIB Poetry Anthology!
*cue the confetti*
Have you ever played the ice breaker game "Two Truths and a Lie"?
(Game: introductions made by telling three tidbits about yourself: two truths and a lie. Usually, the other people playing try to guess which of the three tidbits is a lie.)
Well, my independently-published poetry anthology is based on this game.
Each submission should be three unpublished, original poems (written in English) following this formula:
- Each submission needs to introduce a well-known/general knowledge subject appropriate for ALL ages (ie. children, too!)
- The SUBJECT of your poems will be the TITLE.
- Poets may share a brief explanation of the poetry form(s) they used for their TRUTH poems, but all the FIBS will be Fib Poems* (see definition above).
- If you don't want to write up your own brief explanation of the poetry form(s) you used for the TRUTH poems, I will collaborate with you. One goal of this anthology is to have an instructional element as well as be a joyful collection of poetry.
- The three poems will be arranged in the order of Two Truths and a FIB as the title states.
⭐Please note: Adding an element of cleverness is a PLUS!
(again with the math references...sumtimes I just have to go there 😁)
📆SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 31 August, 2022
All poets will be contacted by the end of September 2022.
👀WHERE TO SUBMIT Please send...
- your three poems per subject (two TRUTHS and a FIB)
- an optional brief explanation of poetry forms used in the two truths poems
- your contact info: name and email is enough
- to me, Bridget Magee at: weewordsforweeones(at)gmail(dot)com
- with the subject line: "2 Truths and a Fib Submission"
📚PUBLICATION DATE: 1.1.23 (see what I did there?)
If you have any questions, email me at: bridget(at)bridgetmagee(dot)com.
Elisabeth is hosting the Poetry Friday fun at Unexpected Intersections - Join us!